The mission of the Ettrick Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
- Library cards are free. Come to the library to fill out a registration form. You will need a photo I.D. and proof of current address (such as a utility bill)
- Children under 16 must have a parent or guardian sign the registration form and indicate whether the child is able to use the internet and/or check out DVD’s and VHS tapes
- Library cards work at all libraries in the WRLS system
Your Library Record
- To access your library record, click submit on the WRLSWEB catalog search box in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on login, and then enter your library barcode number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number).
- From here you can see what materials you have checked out, if you have any fines, or find out what items you have placed on hold.
- Patrons may request items from a home or office computer by using the WRLSWEB catalog searchbox in the upper right hand corner.
- Requested items are delivered to the Ettrick Library for pick-up weekly on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. You will be notified by email or mail when your items are ready for pick-up
- If you cannot locate an item in the WRLSWEB catalog you may place a request for an Interlibrary loan through WISCAT or ask a library staff member for help.
- Books, audiobooks, and music 3 weeks
- DVDs and magazines one week
- Items may be renewed three times if no one else has requested it
- Please note that although Ettrick Public Library does not charge overdue fees at this time, many other libraries within the Winding Rivers Library system do. If you request an item from another library overdue fees may apply.
- The library provides 3 computers for access to the internet, or you can bring your own device and use our wireless connection. The wireless connection is always on, and may be accessed from the parking lot in front of the building.
- Computers are connected to a printer and users may print documents for a suggested donation of 10 cents per page.
- Computer sessions are one hour long and can be extended if no other patrons are waiting.